Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Guess what I'm cooking tonight

OREO COOKIE BALLS


Cook time:



Prep time: 1 Hr Serves: 24-36
- 1-18oz. pkg oreo cookies (regular size, 3 rows of
cookies)
- 1-8oz. pkg cream cheese-block
- 4 oz white chocolate almond bark
1.   Add oreos to food processor and blend until fine.
2.   Add cream cheese to oreo crumbs and blend until dough-like.
3.   Chill mixture for 15 minutes then roll into bite-size balls. Chill balls for 15 minutes.
4.   Melt almond bark in microwave according to package directions. Dip chilled oreo balls in melted chocolate using fork so chocolate can "drip off". Set covered cookie balls onto waxed paper and let set aprox. 30 minutes. If using sprinkles or decorative sugars do so before chocolate sets. I usually do a dozen at a time sprinkling after each dozen.

Don't they look yummy. I'm really excited to try them.  So far I have the dough cookie/cream cheese mixture is chilling in the fridge.


 also I'm going to make this also...

MONKEY BREAD
Cook time: 25 Min Difficulty: EASY
Prep time: 10 Min Serves: 4
- 2 can(s) pillsbury biscuits
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 stk butter
- 1/2 c brown sugar
1.   Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.   Cut each biscuit into quarters and shake in a baggy with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
3.   Once each piece is covered, place into an ungreased bundt pan.
4.   Melt butter and mix with brown sugar.
5.   Pour evenly over bread mixture and cook for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Ready to serve!

I'm just going to add caramel Hershey kisses in some of them as a surprise.

Why am I making all these treats.  We are inviting Becca and Adam over for a little Christmas party we are going to play Bingo and win prizes.  It is a little Christmas party.

2 comments:

adamandrebeccacoughran said...

i am sooooooo excited!!!!

Marci said...

Hey B and J! I was in Pleasant Grove today and I stopped by Lexy's grave. I want you to know that we all still love her and think of her often. I was so sorry to hear about your nephew. I truly believe he and Lexy needed a cousin to be with. Anyway, I love you guys and I'm thinking of you.