Saturday, January 15, 2011

sleep and me

So I have been meaning to post this procrastination that is what I am good at... I type all my blogs at work and than come home to post them but I have been so tired lately that it really hasn't been happening... so here it is for a new fun blog to read...



So here I sit at work wondering a question is there really so much that you can do before your body wants to fall asleep.  So here I ask the great question what do you do to stay awake when you have to???  This is a good question to be thinking about because in all honesty.  You think of all the things you could do to stay awake and than your brain starts to turn off after awhile of doing whatever you were thinking would keep you entertained all night.  I love when I’m reading and my eyes turn cross eyed and the only way to uncross them is to close them and than by the time your eyes are closed you want to just keep them shut for a little while for a little rest.  The best part is when the rest turns into the NOD you know what I’m talking about.  This nod is the one that hurts your neck whenever you realize you are asleep.  Many of my nights have been filled with the NOD.  Eating keeps people awake but it also causes weight gain and nobody wants weight gain.  So I turn to the internet but there is only so much you can do on the internet before you realize Facebook has not changed in the last 3 hours.  So you go check out all your friends Blogs to see if they have posted anything new yet. You get on to the Blog you start looking and you realize no changes in the Blog world either.  But than you realize something you’re the odd sheep.  You are the one that is awake when everyone else is asleep in their bed.  That is when your thoughts start heading toward going home and going to sleep in your nice comfy bed.  Thinking about the sleep you will get later or get starts making your brain go slower slower and slower until your eyes want to shut than you are back doing the NOD.  You wake yourself up decide to do something different.  Whatever it is you do reading makes you do the NOD the internet is making you do the NOD.  You try putting on a movie one that you have wanted to see in a long time so you shouldn’t fall asleep due to the fact that you want to see it.  So your sitting there watching it when you get to a part in the movie that is boring you decide just to close your eyes for that one second when you realize you are back to doing the NOD.  So the movie was a fail now what do you do.  You start typing your blog but than you wonder if you can type with your eyes closed you start to do it when you realize that the feeling of NOD is going to start happening.  So what do you do I couldn’t tell you I’m in that situation right now.  Open your eyes check out your spelling you are amazed because you only spelled one word wrong.  So you start trying again to see if this is the magic key to staying awake.  I think not…

No comments: