Monday, November 8, 2010

Mary the Mother of Christ

    I have been selfish lately asking myself WHY ME? WHAT DID I DO?  WHY DO I HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS PAIN?...



I have thought about the Savior and the atonement a lot lately but I haven't thought of His sweet dear mother Mary.  Not a lot of the time do we think about the pain that she has gone through.  Mary had to watch as her son Jesus Christ was tormented until the people had killed Him.  I have never really thought of the pain Mary went through until today.  I went to the Provo Library and I was looking at a book Reflections of Christ by: Mark Mabry.  In this book under the picture titled Decent it is the scene with the Crucifixion and you just see the pain of Mary in the picture.  Mary lost her Son the Son of God and had to go through a worse pain of knowing who her Son was.  I know He came to comfort her.  But I know just a little of this heartbreak that she went through.

Mary has to be one of the greatest women on earth to have such an honor to have her Son be also the Son of God.  Mary agreed to this is in the premortal life and said Yes, I can do this and I'm willing to be the mother of our Savior.  Mary knew she could handle the pain but knew of the great blessings to follow.

I agreed just like Mary did that I could go through a trial of loosing a child because I knew the blessings that would come if I gave these two sweet spirits of mine bodies.  The Savior came to comfort me when I lost Lexy and I know He is up there with my children watching over them as they watch over me and cheer for their mom and dad to make it back to be with them.

So I will still have some pity days but I will also need to remember the mother of Christ and know how strong she was.  With the Christmas season coming close we need to remember the whole entire life of Christ and all the lives and billions of souls He has saved and has always been here for us.

2 comments:

Janine said...

Such a good message Jessica, I couldn't agree more. I love this photographers work by the way, he is amazing. If you ever get a chance watch the DVD on the making of those photos!

Jacquie said...

Jessica you amaze me! I am so glad you take a pity day every now and again it keeps you human. Thanks for the reminder Mary does often get lost in all the scripture her heart must never had been at peace. Death will be welcomed by those who live righteously! Thinking of you.