Friday, June 10, 2011

Idaho

One thing to cross off my BUCKET LIST but hopefully more to come:

*GO ON A ROAD TRIP BY MYSELF!

I went on a journey by myself and it was a fun journey.  i started off on my journey at 2:00pm on Tuesday.  I gave my hubby a kiss goodbye told him i loved him... and was out the door.  Before i decided to leave pleasant grove i headed on over to the Hart's for a drink i also gave my car a drink of gasoline.  At 2:05 i was on I-15 heading north.  I put on some good tunes of ADELE.  I made good timing I got out of Salt Lake City by 3.  I stopped right out of Ogden for one last little break before I got onto the open road.  I got some jerky and some licorice bites the best travel foods.  I would have to say.  With my trusty Maps app on my phone I got to Idaho Falls.  Once I saw Idaho Falls I had to stop and get out of the car and take a break.  I took a nice break walking around Wal-Mart and got a CD that I have been wanting for a while.  No sales tax Awesome is all is the greatest 'nuff said.  I got into Rexburg around 6 and was greeted by my friend and her cute little new born.  I was so excited to see my friend we had dinner.  Than we talked for awhile like girls do.  It was great to be there and out of the car.  I took the late shift of feeding the baby so that they could get some much needed good sleep.  I stayed up reading and relaxing until the little one cried.  I than got to sleep around 3 and was able to sleep for a couple of hours.  We had breakfast than after breakfast we are on our way to doctor appointments and out to lunch.  We went to a cute little family owned restaurant I wish I had my camera it was so cute.  All they served was breakfast and their breakfast was so yummy! better than ihop breakfast.  I got a Hawaiian pancake that had coconut and pineapple in it.  I used coconut syrup for this super yummy pancake.  Bragging moment I usually don't order pancakes anywhere because my dad makes the fluffiest pancakes ever and they just melt in your mouth.  I would recommend this place if you ever up in Rexburg Idaho I think it is called the SHORT STACK.  I will have to ask my friend.  After getting lunch we headed back to my friends home.  I set up my camera and we started to take pictures of my friends baby.  The baby is so tiny she fit into a 9x13 pan.  After pictures my friend went to take a nap while another friend of hers that is staying with her we took care of the baby.  When my friend woke up from her nap we had dinner.  My friend talked to her husband who is away on a business trip for awhile.  We got some good girl giggles in and than we settled down to watch a movie one of the best movies ever THE LEGEND OF JOHNNY LINGO i got me some good cuddle time with that cute little baby of hers during the movie.  my friend than went to bed and i fed the baby before going to bed.  I woke up this morning had stuffed french toast for breakfast than got ready.  Than headed out the door to get home.  I had a great trip.  Some time to think about everything.  It was a wonderful road trip but I'm glad to be home.  My hubby and the cats missed me.

MUSIC I LISTENED TO ON THE ROAD TRIP:
*Tiao Cruz
*Journey
*Adele
*Pink
*Glee Volume 3
*Carrie Underwood

No comments: