Saturday, April 9, 2011

I bought a harness and a leash...

I bought a harness and a leash...

 No not for Brandon even though people say that marriage is a ball and a chain...
                            Ours is not a ball and chain marriage.


Our Marriage is coming up on us being together for 3 whole years.  Can you believe that???


I waited for the hubby to get home from his mission for 2 years and now we have been married for more than 2 plus years.  It is crazy.  You should have seen me 5 years ago yes that is right 5 years ago when hubby went on his mission.  It was the LONGEST TWO YEARS of my LIFE.  For my hubby NOT SO MUCH he was busy teaching the ghettos of New Jersey about the LDS church.  Lucky duck.  He didn't have time to sit and wonder what I was doing.  ME on the other hand just had a job and the rest of the time to sit and wonder when I would be getting the next letter and counting down the days until he would be home.

We have now been married longer than he was actually gone... and I still can't believe it sometimes.  I feel like we were made for each other like we have been together our whole entire life...

The other night we were at our friends house playing Phase 10 and we came up with the conclusion if Brandon didn't grow up in Colorado he would of probably not done so well in New Jersey he was always serving in the ghettos and sending me facts about where he was serving.  He loved it and absolutely enjoyed it!  Brandon was a problem child in Colorado he moved to Utah and became an Angel.  So whenever he asks me if I would want to live in Colorado I say No, that is because I keep hearing more horror stories of his childhood and I want to protect our children from that is that wrong?  I would also rather live in the state of Utah where my family is.  I wouldn't mind moving down to St. George warmer weather and not a long drive to go see family.  Brandon's argument is that MY MOM ALWAYS TOLD HER CHILDREN TO GO AN ADVENTURE...  All of her children live close to them.  We live close by...  I have three brothers living at home... my sister lives 15 minutes away yeah we go on adventures but we always end back up by our parents who love us.  Brandon is always saying Colorado is so Beautiful.  I think Utah is beautiful and it has OUR FAMILY HERE.  Well lets just say this has been going on since we have been married talking about where the future us will live.  I guess in a couple more years we will know and we will make our decision than... I just wanted to blog about the ongoing argument that really isn't an argument and laugh at this one day. 

So since we have been married for almost three years in a month and a half, I waited two years for him, and we met on August 2 of 2005 we will have known each other for 6 years.  I can't believe it that is crazy.

We bought a harness and a leash for Baylee... Yep, that is right we bought a harness and a leash for Baylee he is the only one in this relationship that is on a ball and a chain.  More like a harness and a leash.  We want him to be able to enjoy going outside with us this summer.

2 comments:

Marci said...

Colorado is a beautiful place. Although I wasn't living at home for much of the time Brandon was growing up, I don't remember ever hearing that he was a trouble child. I have heard dad talk about what an extremely hard worker is. He said he works harder than any of his other children. How funny. A cat on a leash. LOL.

gwen said...

I hope the cat cooperatews with the leash! Congratulations on almost 3 years!