Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Love Birds

My parents celebrated their 40th Wedding Anniversary this last weekend!  They are truly in love!  It is the greatest joy to see the love that my parents share.  I never went a day of my life not seeing my mom and dad kiss.  They never hid their kisses from us children.  We would always see them give each other kisses saying goodbye before heading to work and when they return home.  We even have seen them kissing while cooking meals.  My mom has a kissing step she stands on so that she can reach my dad.  We even call it the kissing step.  It is the first step you take to get into the house.  It is a reminder that love is and always will be in this home.  I had a wonderful childhood being able to see the love of my parents.  


I have a loving mom and a loving dad.  I have six brothers and sisters.  I have over 10 nieces and nephews.  I have a wonderful husband.  A beautiful Angel Lexy.  I have another baby girl on the way.

Thank you Mom for following dad home.  Taking the big jump and leap over the pond and coming over to America.  To little ol' Pleasant Grove to be with the farm boy who captured your attention.  Thank you Dad for loving mom so very much and being the best husband and father to her children.  I Love You!!!

THE LOVEBIRDS

We got together as a family the week before their wedding anniversary to celebrate with them.  My dad had taken my mom out on the normal Saturday adventure and that is when their kids came to take over the home.  My mom was so surprised to see all of their kids cars parked outside of the house.  Even more surprised when we told her we were all moving back in! Just kidding!  We had a wonderful lunch with our parents and enjoyed celebrating their anniversary with them.

No comments: