Friday, May 20, 2011

May 22, 2005

WOW!!!

All I can say is time flies...

a couple of years ago maybe not a couple of years ago more like 6 years ago May 22 was on a Sunday.  Good memory huh?  Well it is because of what happened on that day that I remember it being on a Sunday.  I had been 18 for a couple of months had just started working at Lindon Care just bought my first car.  On May 22, 2005 I graduated from Seminary.  I was loving the weather outside and the spirit being all around me so I decided I would take a trip to the Mount Timpanogas Temple to dream about the day I would be walking into the temple to be sealed to my husband who I had no idea who he was or how or where I was going to meet him.   I just had a feeling that I was going to meet him soon and that I needed to keep my life on track so that one day I could enter into that temple.

A couple of months went by it was AUGUST 2, 2005 I was working and that is when I met my soon to be husband.  I say our Heavenly Father has a sense of humor because yes I did meet my future husband but I would have to wait for him to return from his mission.  Brandon Waite was his name a BYU student who had girls swooning over him.  He had a couple of girls that wanted to date him.  I was the lucky one and Brandon and I started dating.  On November 3rd Brandon's birthday I took him out to lunch where he surprised me with a promise ring.  The promise ring was that I would always be happy no matter what would happen in the future.  It wasn't a promise for marriage after the mission.  A couple of weeks later I had strep throat when Brandon got a letter in the mail.  The letter told Brandon that he was called to serve a mission in New Jersey Cherry Hill and he would be leaving in February 2006.  For two years Brandon and I wrote to each other.  Before Brandon got home he went to the Manhattan Temple and got a answer to a question.   Towards the end of Brandon's mission I was feeling that I really wanted to go on a mission I asked and I got the answer.  Happy and sad at the answer to my question.  Brandon got home and we were still very much in love and within a week of him being home we were talking about marriage.  What was the question that Brandon received his question to can you guess and what was my answer when he asked me that question.  YES!!!  Well we picked a date and the date was May 22, 2008 so three years later there I was saying yes to an eternity with Brandon.

  I'm so grateful for that feeling I received on May 22, 2005 because if somebody walked up to me when I was only 18 and said you are going to get married on May 22, 2008 at this temple I think would of laughed.

So I'm thinking this Sunday Evening I will be at the temple remembering...


with my sweetheart!

No comments: