Thursday, May 26, 2011

3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!

May 22 was our wedding anniversary to start off to celebrate our anniversary Brandon went golfing with my brother Jared and our brother in-law Kelly while I stayed at home and got some sleep.  After they went golfing we went and met up with my family and we went to go see Pirates 4 gotta say I loved it!!!  I think I liked it better than the 2nd and 3rd Pirates.  After the movie we went up to my family's house to have a BBQ it was fun to celebrate with my family.  After leaving the BBQ we went to the temple.  It than started to rain really big rain drops so we went home and cuddled up on the couch to watch a movie the next day was going to be the adventurous day.  I a couple of months ago thought it would be fun to go up to Wendover for our Anniversary so that we could get out of town for a night.
On our way out there I started to get really antsy I couldn't stand being the car much longer.  Brandon stopped the car at the rest stop 9 miles out of Wendover.  But it gave me the opportunity to take a picture of him!  We got to Wendover around 1 and we couldn't check into the Montego Bay until 3pm so we went out to lunch.  Than we went to the Wendover Air Museum we got to walk around and look at all the buildings and get to learn of the history of the atomic bomb.  Did you know that they used the Salt Flats for testing the atomic bomb?  We went and walked around the hotels after that because it was raining than 
we checked in and got to sit and relax in our room before our big night of going out on the town...  we went out to eat at the Montego Bay all you can eat buffet and after dinner is when we went to play the slots!  Brandon won 50 dollars! me on the other hand lost my money Brandon just made back the money I had lost.  So in the end we only ended up loosing 20 dollars which is not bad.  We had fun!  On our way out of Wendover we went to the Bonneville Salt Flats speed way.  We learned that all the water we were seeing on top of the Salt Flats was the rain it collects it during the rainy months and than dries out and that is when they get the speedway ready.  I went and played in the salt while Brandon just sat and watched.  I had fun playing in the salt even though standing on it felt very moist and I could sink.  We were than off on our way to
Salt Lake City for our tradition of going to the Zoo around our anniversary.  We enjoyed walking around the Zoo and seeing all the new changes that will be coming next year.  I'm excited they are getting a Polar Bear!









 

No comments: