Monday, March 21, 2011

THE LOVE DARE

My co-worker was telling me about one of her extra credit assignments she could do for a class that she was taking.  The assignment was to do this Love Dare a 40 day challenge in secret so that they could report on how their spouse had responded to this dare.  When she was telling me about it she was on Day 20.  My co-worker has been married for almost 30 years she went on break after telling me about it.  My co-worker was 20 minutes late and she was told me the reason why she was late because she saw that her husband had fallen asleep on the couch and that she went to get the bed ready for him so when she woke him up to go to bed he would be going to the bed ready for him.  It is a dare that you do an act of random kindness for your spouse.  Well she went to wake him up so that he could go to bed and she said she couldn't get out the door he was thanking her and saying I love you so much and I have been loving you so much more lately.  I asked if I could see the book and I read a couple of the pages and they were all good dares.  I thought I would take this dare and do it in secret who doesn't want a stronger marriage???  I had been doing it for a couple of days when Brandon started pestering me about it.  He was asking if I was doing something for my blog and if it was a challenge.  I finally told him a little bit about the Love Dare but not what I had been doing with the dares.  I went on a quest to find the movie that is the companion basically to the book The Love Dare the movie is called Fireproof.  Cheesy acting all the way through but it sends out a good message.

  I can honestly say for the last week or so I'm not going to share what day I'm on I have seen a change in our marriage and it is for the better.



If you are interested in doing a challenge and strengthen your marriage you can go to this website and you can get the book for free you just have to go through the archives.  The Pleasant Grove Library also has a copy but for right now I'm borrowing it. 
 

No comments: