Tuesday, January 1, 2013

is it really 2013???

!!!HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

guess what all my new year resolutions i made last year they didn't really pan out.  i was planning on blogging or writing in my journal more.  well i didn't do both instead i cuddled, played, and loved on my little girl.  but i figure i better do a year in review so i will remember what happened this year in a couple of years right?

JANUARY- i turned 25 holy cow a quarter of a century that is crazy.  we bought our first home in the middle of the month and moved in two days after getting the keys.  we got to listen to our little girls heartbeat weekly.  it was so comforting being hooked up for an hour listening to her little heartbeat.

FEBRUARY- this is the month i had anticipated for over 8 months it was becoming time to bring our little girl into the world.  but before she came we had some bumps in our path.  my mom took me to a non-stress test one day because Brandon couldn't be there. on  that nst test her little heartbeat had dropped a couple of times so they wanted me admitted to Labor and Delivery to monitor for 24 hours and debate about her coming a week earlier than planned.  I remember the ultrasound they did on her and she only weighed 4 pounds I was praying that she could stay with me a little longer to get a little bigger.  Well they let me go home.  We went to my parents for a week because we had a doctors appointment every day either in AF or Provo.  On February 18 we were told that we would be induced on the 20th.  Zoey Margaret was born on Presidents Day 2/20/12 at 2:09pm weighing 5 pounds 3 ounces. That is definitely one of my favorite days ever!!!

MARCH- just a couple weeks later my sister Laura had a little girl Declyn she was born with a head full of hair making it a wonderful month for the chick and the duck to cuddle.

APRIL- Zoey was blessed on April 8 on a beautiful Easter Sunday her blessing was short and sweet.  this month was full of unpacking and organizing our house.  But the best part of this month was being able to stay home and cuddle my little z bug all day even if she still did wake up 3 to 4 times a night it was wonderful.

MAY-  I went back to work and it was kind of hard leaving my sweet baby.  but this month was a big month for us we had OUR 4 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!! we went out on a date while our friend cory watched zoey for us it was nice to be able to go out on a date and come home to our beautiful daughter.  We also bought a brand new car after the dodge had died on us :(

JUNE- we had another niece born this month Savannah banana or that is what i call her.  Zoey went to 7 peaks and lounged in the water for about 20 minutes and than decided she was hungry.

JULY- I started a family water fight on the fourth of July it was super fun and enjoyed running around.

AUGUST- Our angel turned 2 on the 23 and I had a 5 day weekend that week.  we celebrated her birthday and than i went to my first scrapbooking all day party thing it was lots of fun.  I really enjoyed being able to get my creative juices flowing.

SEPTEMBER- we went to the Zoo as a family for the first time we loved being able to show zoey all the animals and i look forward doing this again with her this next year.

OCTOBER- we dressed up for Halloween as a whole family zoey was a cute elephant, i was a dark angel, a pixie or whatever else (i guess), and hubby dressed up as the phantom from phantom of the opera.  we went trick or treating with our friends Adam, Becca, and Wellington.

NOVEMBER- Brandon turned 26 becoming an old man we went to Tucano's and a BYU basketball game for his birthday.  I got Thanksgiving off for the first time and it was wonderful not worrying about having to go into work.  I went Black Friday shopping on Thursday night and got all the stuff we really wanted for Zoey.  I went out on Black Friday morning and i guess the stores i went to were just really dead it was weird.

DECEMBER- we went up to temple square, had a wonderful first Christmas with zoey and no the end of the world did not happen :(... also Brandon and I had a hard time buying presents for us this year because really our present is a beautiful happy healthy baby girl who has both of us wrapped around her little fingers.  oh yeah Brandon is quitting up at USDC this month which is very exciting because one more semester of school and than he will be gradumacated from the Y.

so this upcoming year i hope i blog more but no promises... because I'm going to be chasing and playing with a cute little girl everyday 

No comments: